Sunday, November 25, 2012

I have just read a book called "Mockingjay." It is the last book of the trilogy of hunger games.  I have  come to the conclusion that the book is horrifying. Don't get me wrong, the book was great and I recommend that you read it, but the story line is really dark. Can you imagine that your two kids had to go with 22 more kids and had to kill each other even if they where friends? Well, that is what Katniss, the main character, had to go through with her friend, Peeta. Then, because  this upset them so much they became part of the rebellion.

I don't think I could take what Katniss and Peeata have been through. Katniss has seen a lot, she has seen her friend Rue from district eleven die in the Hunger Games. She has had to kill, has watched people be ripped apart by the hounds that looked like the contestants she has killed and watched people she did not know get killed. Now, tell me could you go through all of this or would you kill yourself?

3 comments:

  1. i like this blog but you could have gone deeper into what you feel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick I love these books! Your essay shows how good the book are but also the dark and awful side of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you showed a summary of the book and then showed who it was important.

    ReplyDelete