Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Catching Fire 2

I am reading this great book called, “Catching Fire.” It is about this girl, Catniss, and she was called to the Hunger Games, where the districts 1 through 12, raffled two people a boy and a girl from each district to kill each other until there is only one left. Well, Catniss is from district 12 and she won the raffle with this boy named Peeta and the go to the Hunger Games.

Well, I am up to the second book where Catniss and Peeta the lovers are doing the victory tour. The victory tour is when the victors of the Hunger Games tour all twelve districts and talk about their victory and how they feel bad about how they killed their loved ones. But Catniss has to do something the other victors did not. President Snow has asked Catniss to stop the revolution that started because of her actions. If she does not, all her loved ones will die. Will the whole country collapse or will she?

When I think about the book it makes me think about dictatorships and how bad they are I believe that Catching Fire in similar to dictatorship for manny reasons. The first reason is that the capitol uses its soldiers to oppress its people it. Another reason is that president killed his successors to became president.


In conclusion I believe that Catching Fire really imitates a dictatorship and it could help bring awareness to dictatorships around the world. So after you read this blog post think that their might be someone like Catnisss fighting for the freedom of her people.

No comments:

Post a Comment