Sunday, March 3, 2013

Smack


I am reading a book called “Smack,” by Melvin Burgess. It is about this boy named David but his friends call him Tar and how he runs away from home because his dad beats him and his mom up. He wishes his best friend Gemma would become his girlfriend.

I believe this book is about how hard love is. I think this because Tar wants to take it to the next level but Gemma does not. I know this because in the book Tar and Gemma are sitting in a car and he is trying to have a sex with her but it's kind of an awkward because she doesn’t feel comfortable about it. He wants to be her lover but she wants be friends.

This book makes it seem like love is hard especially if you want to make work. If he of she is not the right person one of them might get really upset. The point is one moment your love life could be great and the next moment SMACK it could be over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment